Boris Becker is set to take part in ‘I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!’.
The 49-year-old tennis legend is said to be over £50 million in debt and is hoping to land a big pay deal to take part in the tough jungle challenge contest in a bid to ease his financial situation.
A source told The Sun on Sunday newspaper: “As everyone now knows, Boris’s financial situation is desperate.
“He needs a way to make a lot of money fast, and has looked to ‘I’m A Celebrity’ to help him do exactly that.
“His representatives are negotiating with ITV over his fee, and they are aiming to get him £500,000.
“TV chiefs know he would be a brilliant signing. But they also know Boris is slightly over a barrel as a result of his dire financial situation.”
However, Boris – who was declared bankrupt earlier this year – knows appearing on the show won’t clear his debts, but hopes it would lead to some more lucrative opportunities after it comes to an end.
The insider added: “Even if Boris does collect half a million, it isn’t going to make a dent in his debts.
“But it is a step in the right direction and could lead to more lucrative opportunities — which he desperately needs.”
ITV refused to comment on “speculation” about Boris.
Not much is known about the forthcoming jungle series – presented by Ant and Dec – but it’s believed Gemma Collins has been asked to return after her failed stint in 2014.
‘I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here!’ will hit screens in the autumn time.